Hopscotch – taking best practice and Early Years excellence global!
We know that not only is excellence in the Early Years a universal desire for education providers across the globe, but also that the British early education system is used and admired from San Francisco to Sapporo and from Moscow to Mumbai. We work with English international school groups as well as providers who wish to draw from the EYFS and the UK curriculum in order to deliver outstanding quality to children in their country.
Whether your setting is an English school or nursery using the British curriculum and system wholesale for the local ex-pat community, or whether you wish to explore the benefits of sharing best practice from the UK within the local education structures, we have the experience and flexibility you need!
We understand that different jurisdictions have different levels of involvement in the structure of your early education program, and we can work within local regulations to ensure that you meet not only statutory regulation but also benefit from tried-and-tested best of breed practice focussed on the Early Years Foundation Stage.
We also provide end-to-end support for those looking to start an English-language nursery or kindergarten in another country. From design to regulatory concerns, from sourcing materials and equipment to staff training and recruitment, Hopscotch can be your most important ally as you embark on an exciting journey!
Our consultants are familiar with most European education systems as well as having extensive experience with growing education sectors in the Middle East and Asia. Call us to discuss your unique needs!
Hopscotch International Clients
We worked for a year with Indian ex-pat school Ambassador Kindergarten to implement the UK Early Years system to a setting of over 500 children. Our consultant team flew out for a week per month to embed and train staff in all aspects of provision:
* Ensuring the environment in each room is organised and meets all 7 areas of learning
* Observing quality of teaching and the implementation of the EYFS for all staff
* Planning implemented, embedded and reviewed
* Learning Journey Files created for each child and staff trained in their use
* Children’s end of term/year reports created for each child and staff trained in their use
* Tracking of children’s progress and the identification of emerging gaps in learning
* Peer observation records created and Principal & Vice Principal trained in peer observation best practice
* SEF created and reviewed
* Action plan for whole kindergarten and individual rooms to drive towards Outstanding
* Staff appraisal and supervision system introduced
* Staff training needs identified and training sourced
* Complete collection of policies and procedures written and implemented
* Risk assessments to written and implemented
* Strategies to engage parents and children devised
* SEN support needs reviewed and actioned
* Individual education plans for SEN children implemented